This is the festive season of Diwali, the season of lights! And Shoppers Stop has given us all an opportunity to put together an ensemble from their wardrobe & actually win a prize for it! Obviously its mouth watering incentive & even a totally fashion disaster like me has a chance to win! And what I decided to do was something different. Since I am in the department of surgery I have decided to dress up our entire surgical team this diwali. Now as you know we surgeons are either seen in formals all the time or with our scrubs and so I decided why not dress up the team somewhat differently for a change but keeping them within the realms of medicine! So here’s me being the Fashion designer for a day…..
Let me 1st introduce our team so that I can give a better perspective as to what & why Im dressing up each one as I am. Starting from the top we have
1) Our Professor & Head Of The Department
2) Our Associate Professor
3) Our Assistant professor
4) The Junior residents
So 1st coming to our boss, the Professor & HOD. He is a man of knowledge. Having spent the better part of his age of 65 years in an operating theatre he is a symbol of authority. The most natural attire one would picture for him would obviously be an elegant 3 piece suit but for this festive season I want him to go desi. So this is I’ve put together for him.
- First I’ve gone with this Manish Creations-Mens Kurta Pyjama Set Item Number 6808547_9110 . Its simple yet elegant. I don’t want him to be too flashy, infact even a little understated would be good & this provides it.
- Choosing the footwear was pretty easy I must admit coz when you choose a Kutha pyjama you’ll know exactly what footwear you’d want. And the one I chose was definitely easy on the pocket J . Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Jutis Item number :5293057_9612
- Next I was excited about the head gear coz I felt the headgear would be a symbol of style as well as authority! The crowning glory for the king so to say. So I chose this Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Safa Item number :5293439_9162 , the head gear to go with the kurtha pyjama.
- To complete the look I’ve gone with the rather simple Manyavar Ethnicwear Stoles Item number : 5292995_9612 .
- A watch is something which is a symbol of class.These days people are known by the brands they wear. But I’ve gone for this Titan- AUTOMATIC Collection – Mens Watch Item number : 6965691_9999 which looks stunning and goes very well with the attire too!
- We just cant do without a pen around the hospital, can we? Though ofcourse our handwriting is always ridiculed. I just fell for this Cross –Verve Pen Merlot Item no 3021310_9999 . Its mighty expensive but exudes class & blends well with the Kurta. He would certainly be everyones envy carrying this thing around?
- Fossil is a huge brand & brings in the style with simplicity & hence I chose this wallet Fossil – Mens Wallet Item number : 6698871_9126
- Some of my friends tell me the name of the perfume Im wearing just by the smell & I always found that scary. To complete the look I had to go with an ideal brand of fragrance. This J Del Pozo – AMBAR Eau de Toilette 100 ML Item number : 6489494_9900
- A perfect way to look younger & also blend in with the youth and that too in a SAFE way would be by using the LOreal Paris Excellence Hair Colour Shade No 1 Natural Black Item number : 3060061_9999
There you have it. To summarise the look :
- Manish Creations-Mens Kurta Pyjama Set – Rs 12999
- Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Jutis – Rs 799
- Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Safa – Rs 1999
- Manyavar Ethnicwear Stoles – Rs 1499
- Titan- AUTOMATIC Collection – Mens Watch – Rs 18995
- Cross –Verve Pen Merlot – Rs 10046
- Fossil – Mens Wallet – Rs 2695
- J Del Pozo – AMBAR Eau de Toilette 100 ML – Rs 3350
- LOreal Paris Excellence Hair Colour Shade No 1 Natural Black – Rs 525.
Total – Rs 52907
Second in line comes our Associate Professor who is a lady, aged somewhere between the Professor & Assistant Professor. Lets say somewhere around 40ish. This Diwali season I would like to dress her up traditionally but not anything over the top. She shouldn’t look like she’s attending a wedding nor like a tramp. The perfect Diwali look for the hospital.
- Firstly I would like to go for a saree rather than a salwar suit coz according to me its more elegant! Ashika Faux Georgette Saree Item number : 6998159_9900. I chose it coz its not too flashy neither dull & exudes class. Last thing you want in a hospital is a doctor who looks like an item number.
- For the footwear I’ve gone with the Lemon Pepper – Ladies Footwear Item number : 5389006 mainly coz I found it the most matching for the saree
- I really enjoy choosing watches & the one I’ve chosen is a beauty SPRIT Timewear – Ladies Watch – Marin Speed Rosegold Item Number: 7241718_9999 coz it’s a stunning watch plus it blends perfectly with the saree
- Can a womans look be complete without the jewellery? Absolutely not & so I have put together an ensemble of jewellery as well. To begin with is the Infinity Necklace 751476GRBY Item number: 6922054_9999 which is very easy on the pocket as well.
- I am a fan of long ear- rings & hence I couldn’t help but go for this Cygnus Diamond Earring-ER6707 Item number : 7290796_9999
- A Sparkles Diamond Bracelet for HER- BR7665 bracelet, which is fine & elegant with Item number: 7052316_9999 doesn’t make you think twice about getting it!.
- And to complete the look I got her the Nakshatra 18KT Gold Ring with 0.11cts diamonds Item number : 7349713_9999 which even comes with a gold ring free.
- Handbags are mostly a style statement with women using them probably even when they have nothing to carry. Hidesign is my favourite brand & I’ve put together this Hidesign- Handbag Item Number: 6548868_9126. I wanted the color to go with the saree & it to be big enough to carry the belongings as well!
- Next comes the make & here I must admit that I don’t have a clue! So I asked my wife & she told me what to go for! I was asked to pick only Maybelline & so I 1st picked the Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quad Seashore Frosts Item number : 4030782
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color Yummy Plummy Item number : 5449486_9999 … Frankly speaking the name itself somehow draws you to it haha
- And to complete the trio I went for the Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Color Eye Pencil Violet Pearl Item number : 5171782_9999
- Pen is absolute necessity for a doctor like I said earlier.The 1st thing that I thought of while choosing a pen was that I should choose a sleek one for the lady but ended up choosing this one – Tommy Hilfiger Destiny Pen, Item number : 5298285_9999 . I know its huge but I was just following my concept of matching everything & realised that since she anyways has to bag to carry it, it doesn’t matter
- And Finally once she’s all set to leave she needs frangrance. Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence EDP – 100 ML Item number: 7229567_9999 will provide her with that.
And so to summarize the Associate Professors look we have –
- Ashika Faux Georgette Saree – Rs 4705
- Lemon Pepper – Ladies Footwear – Rs 1104
- SPRIT Timewear – Ladies Watch – Marin Speed Rosegold – Rs 9995
- Infinity Necklace 751476GRBY – Rs 1100
- Cygnus Diamond Earring-ER6707 – Rs 16644
- Sparkles Diamond Bracelet for HER- BR7665 bracelet – Rs 5650
- Nakshatra 18KT Gold Ring with 0.11cts diamond – Price Rs 16700
- Hidesign- Handbag – Rs 4795
- Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Quad Seashore Frosts – Rs 240
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color Yummy Plummy – Rs 310
- Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Color Eye Pencil Violet Pearl – Rs 215
- Tommy Hilfiger Destiny Pen – Rs 2490
- Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence EDP – 100 ML – Rs 4350
Total – Rs 68298
Next coming onto our Assistant professor. He is young, dynamic & just out of medical school. He wants to look young so that the PG’s & Interns hit on him. So I can dress up as stylishly as I want but again sticking to the Diwali theme.
- This Manish Creations-Mens Kurta Pyjama Set Item number: 6517460_9126 looks awesome. Its young & stylish & definitely different from the one that was chosen for the professor
- Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Jutis are somehow designed in such a way that one style of juti goes with multiple kurthi pyjamas. This one with Item number : 5293023_9126 look like the right one for the attire that I’ve chosen
- As I said earlier choosing watches is the one I enjoy the most when it comes to selecting the attire. Normally I prefer watches only with metal straps but this ESPRIT Timewear – Mens Watch – Atrium Chrono Brown Item number : 7241079_9999 was perfect for the Kutha… Oh yes Im excited when it all falls into place 😀
- This Hidesign – Mens Wallet Item number: 6221318_9126 is different from the usual & will go nice with our young AP
- One thing the youngsters do is to pour perfumes on themselves like there’s no tomorrow. For the perfume I’ve experimented with this Police Uomo M EDT 100ML Item number : 6162671_9999 !
- I actually really liked some of the other pens that were available but this one came closest to suit the ensemble Tommy Hilfiger Newton Pen Item Number : 5298813_9999
- And finally you cant go to the hospital with that 5’oclock stubble & so we complete the look with LOreal Paris Men Expert Shaving Gel Item number : 3064839_9999
Summarizing the Assistant Professor’s look we have :
- Manish Creations-Mens Kurta Pyjama Set – Rs 11999
- Manyavar Mens Ethnic Wear Jutis – Rs 599 l
- ESPRIT Timewear – Mens Watch – Atrium Chrono Brown – Rs 9295
- Hidesign – Mens Wallet – Rs 1595
- Police Uomo M EDT 100ML – Rs 2000
- Tommy Hilfiger Newton Pen – Rs 3490
- LOreal Paris Men Expert Shaving Gel – Rs 550
Total – Rs 29528
And last but not the least comes the Post Graduate, that’s me 😀 Young, dashing, handsome & Vibrant 😛 Ok that’s too much I know! So here’s the thing, being a post graduate I wouldn’t go all out to spend on my attire but since the winning prize is Rs 20000, Ill take that as my budget. After all its not everyday that we get to spend so much in a day. Now I have to get an ensemble for that!
- Firstly the attire. No No…This time Kurtha Pyjama wont do. I would like to look different from the Professors. So I’ve decided on a short kurta. I think it would look ‘young’ at the same time not looking too casual & also goes with the festival season! I would wear this Veda-Mens Short Kurta Item Number : 6832825_9126 brown in color
- With jeans I’d like to keep it plain & simple. Dark blue, nothing fancy with a straight fit ALWAYS! And the one which suits all this is Levis-Mens 531 Fit Regular Straight Fit Jeans Item number : 6872667_8408 …. And Im getting a good deal as well!
- Watch watch watch! And no this time I’ve not gone for a fossil. I’ve given myself this ESPRIT Timewear – Mens Watch – Circolo Chrono Rosegold Item number : 7241087_9999 Coz my wife tells me that rosegold is now in fashion. I must also admit that I went easy on the attire so that I could splurge on the watch 😀
- I went through all the sandals comparing the price with the style. The I-Walk – Mens Sandal brown color Item Number : 6402556_9126 would do nicely!
So I now have 6000 to play around with & have to fit in a wallet, pen & perfume! Tough task.
5.The wallet is a Hidesign – Mens Wallet Item number : 6556121_9126 . Its simple but different
6.Ok I chose this pen, not the best but it fits the budget. Sheaffer 300 Gift Collection Ballpoint Pen 9315 Item number : 4034604_9999
7.Nike is one of my favourite perfumes & Im lucky to get a deo & perfume combo here J Nike – Mens Gift Set – Pure – EDT – 75ml and Deo 200ml Item Number 6163240_9999
8. And guess what! I bought all these & I still have enough budget to spend on a nice pair of sunglasses! Isnt that just perfect. I have chosen the IDEE Mens Sunglasses – 1624 Item Number : 6881134_9999
So to summarize my look-
- Veda-Mens Short Kurta – Rs 895
- Mens 531 Fit Regular Straight Fit Jean – Rs 1839
- ESPRIT Timewear – Mens Watch – Circolo Chrono Rosegold – Rs 10995
- I-Walk – Mens Sandal brown color – Rs 1599
- Hidesign – Mens Wallet – Rs 1095
- Sheaffer 300 Gift Collection Ballpoint Pen 9315 – Rs 1350
- Nike – Mens Gift Set – Pure – EDT – 75ml and Deo 200ml – Rs 799
- Mens Sunglasses – 1624 – Rs 1350
Total – Rs 19922
So there you have it. Those are mine & purely mine choices. Its the first time I’ve gone through a fashion website so comprehensively. Please do let me know what you think of my choices.
This blog post is an entry for the www.shoppersstop.com‘s Shoppers Stop Perfect look contest in association with www.Indiblogger.in . All the that have been selected are from their website.